Safety is of utmost importance as skiers and all other users enjoy the trails at their own risk. Dress appropriately for the weather. Be aware of other skiers/trail users, snowmobiles (at crossings) and wildlife. If an emergency occurs on the trails, contact the Fire Department (see Trail Emergencies).
Ski Club members and day-users agree to abide by the following rules:
- Follow ski trail signs and ski in the right direction on the one-way trails.
- Do not obstruct the trail.
- Yield to faster skiers. Common etiquette is for faster skiers to call out “track” for slower skiers to move out of the track to permit the faster skier to pass.
- Snowshoeing is permitted, but stay off the set track.
- Do not bring dogs on the groomed trails. (NB: Dogs are allowed in the summer if on leashes. City By-Law)
- Do not walk on the ski trails.
- Do not litter.
- No snowmachines or other motorized vehicles allowed (City By-Law.)
- No snowboarding.