We would like to recognize TerraX for their generous sponsorship and support of our annual loppet. Without them, this event would not be possible. A huge thank you for their generosity, dedication and enthusiasm! This year we had 370 participants — a new record!
And a big thanks to Alyssa Titus (pictured) for organizing this year’s event. She did an amazing job with a huge team of volunteers and it showed.
Other thank you’s go to:
- The groomers (Bruce Look, Rob Tumchewics, Steve Reitsma, Greg Littlefair and Niels Konge);
- The Yellowknife Amateur Radio Society for providing participant tracking and communications (Chris Cameron, Brent Currie, Ian Rennie, Kate Cannell, Bob Johnson);
- The Rotary Club for serving lunch at the chalet (Marie Adams, Jhillian Adams, Gail Cyr, Bryan Manson, Stewart Gibson, Mike Kalnay, Simon Whitehouse, John Doody, Marilyn Robak, Gord Van Tighem, Bruce Davidson);
- K’alemi Dene School for catering the chili;
- Blair and Kelley Weatherby of Weatherby Trucking for clearing the parking area on Vee Lake;
- Noelene Kerr of Polar Promotions for ordering the hats; Dot Van Vliet for graphic design;
- Yellowknife Food Rescue, for providing ingredients for the soup at Banting;
- Our chefs: 100 dozen cookies (!) by Kathi Woodward; soup by Sarah Beattie & co.; energy balls by Sarah Argue, Maggie Collins, Shauna Mullally, and Kathryn Oraas.
- Our dedicated volunteers: Damian Panayi, John Stephenson, Kerry Wheler, Dave Taylor, Heather Hannah, Sam Kennedy, Jennie Rausch, Tom Deleff, Denise-Nathalie Althaus, Toni Anderson, Matt Anderson, Heather Moxon, Catherine Pigott, Raquel Garcia, Joslyn Oosenbrug, Sarah Beattie, Kate Mansfield, Marret Callas, Amanda Blair, Satish Garikaparthi, Jean-Marie Mariez, Rebecca Bruser, Rachel Van der Veen, Brian Latham, Danielle Stachiw, Sean, Debbie Delancey, Tania Hercun, and Alex Lothian.
And thanks to all the Loppetteers who made it a great day of skiing.