This year saw the highest turnout in the history of the Yellowknife loppet, and for good reason: great weather, great tracks, great cookies and great volunteers made this an unbelievably good loppet year.
We had 345 registered participants and a very large number of helpers who made this possible.
A few particular thank you’s:
- The Snow Farmers (Bruce Look, Rob Tumchewics, Steve Reitsma and Greg Littlefair) – for incredible tracks!
- Damian Panayi – Event Coordinator extraordinaire
- John Stephenson – Trail Grooming coordinator, parking marshal
- Niels Konge – for the use of the Pistenbulley Groomer
- Blair and Kelley Weatherby of Weatherby Trucking for once again and for many years clearing our loppet parking area at no cost
- Chris Cameron and the team from Yellowknife Amateur Radio Society for providing participant tracking and communications
- Stacey Menzies – Chalet Coordinator
- The Rotary Club for helping again with the chili lunch at the chalet
- Ashley Deavu and the students from K’alemi Dene School for preparing the chilli
- Tom Deleff – Jackson Checkpoint Manager
- Carrie Young, Marc Winkler, Joanne Stasson – Banting Lake Checkpoint
- Sarah Beattie, Elaine Anselmi, Ariel Holmwood-Bramwell, Meghan Housley, and Beth Cowan who made the Banting Lake Soup
- Chris Rose, Sam Kennedy – Vee Lake set up and sign in
- Kathi Woodward for making her usual (gasp) 100 dozen cookies!
And the many other people who contributed: Cheryl Mandeville, Shauna Morgan, Chuck Hubert, Al Sexton, Linda Whitford, Brian Latham, Blair Carter, Debbie DeLancey, Tania Hercun, Alex Lothian, Chris Joseph, Sara Minogue and Kerry Wheler.
And of course also a special thank you to TerraX Minerals, headline sponsor of the Yellowknife Gold Loppet.
And thanks to all the loppetteers who made it a great day of skiing!