The board discussed and approved a plan Nov. 2 for carrying on with our season while preventing the spread of COVID-19.
You’ll find our full Exposure Control Plan here. This document will be reviewed and updated as needed. It will also be posted on the bulletin board inside the chalet.
I’ve listed highlights below.
Good news; the chalet will open soon with new signage! Members are welcome to use the chalet to change and leave gear/equipment in while skiing.
However, we are asking members to please limit their chalet usage, especially on Saturdays between 10 and 3, when our programs are running.
Members are also asked to:
- sign in upon arrival;
- follow posted maximum capacities per zone or room (i.e. wax rooms, washrooms);
- stay home if ill;
- not enter the chalet if self-isolating for any reason;
- clean and disinfect touched surfaces before leaving;
- BYO coffee/hot chocolate. The communal kitchen is closed for now.
We will continue to rent the chalet to user groups who demonstrate adherence to CPHO guidelines.
Our program leads will send details to all participants, but here are a few of the high notes.
- HP, Track Attack and Jackrabbits will run primarily outdoors this year. Skiers must arrive dressed and ready to ski.
- We’re adding two more access points to the trails so each Jackrabbit group can meet away from others (that is, we’ll use the biathlon stadium and the trail entry near the grooming shed as well as the main stadium).
- The chalet will be used primarily for bathrooms, warmth and indoor dryland training where a WSCC risk assessment allows.
- Jackrabbit snacks and Track Attack lunches will be cancelled for now.
- Our Ski Parents program will not be offered until indoor physical distancing restrictions are lifted.
As mentioned, these rules will be updated to follow the latest public health guidelines.
Big thanks to programs director Bernadette Knox, facilities director Credence Wood, volunteers coordinator Alyssa Titus, treasurer Tania Hercun and all-around volunteer John Stephenson for working hard on this plan!