Registration is now open for the 2020/2021 ski season!
Early bird fees apply until Nov. 9, 2020.
- Family – $320 ($300 Early Bird)
- Individual Adult – $140 ($120 Early Bird)
- Individual Youth (5 – 18) – $60
- Individual Child (<5) – $20
Families who need some extra help to cover program fees and equipment are invited to choose the option to apply for a Kidsport grant, which we can then help you with. Kidsport NWT will provide families up to $300 per child to cover program and equipment costs.
An alternative option is Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart program, which offers up to $300 per child two times a year for registration fees, equipment and transportation.
What about COVID-19?
While we have outlined some broad strokes for our COVID-19 season plan, we have not yet defined what exactly our programs will look like. So far, we know that:
- We’ll aim to keep programs mainly outside, using the chalet for bathroom breaks and warmups only.
- In addition to the main entry to the stadium, we’ll post signage on the trail access point near the grooming sheds (just to the right of the main entryway) and on the biathlon range so that we don’t get bottlenecks of people heading into or out of the trails.
- We’ll follow all current public health rules, meaning a maximum of 25 people in the chalet at a time, no sharing of kitchen items (so no hot chocolate making this year); and some sort of sign-in should we ever need to do contact tracing.
- We have applied for funding to hire someone to help us manage the chalet during high traffic times, though this may not be necessary.
When we do have a full plan developed, we’ll share it with our members and post it here on our website. Our programs director, Bernadette Knox, is taking the lead on this. Thanks Bernadette!
Snow Show a no go
Due to COVID-19, we will not be holding our annual Snow Show and used ski equipment sale.
In lieu of the Snow Show, we invite anyone who wants to learn about our club to call up one of our ski ambassadors to learn more about our programs:
- Kerry Wheler, events coordinator, coach, long-time skier and mom of two: 867-446-5448
- John Stephenson, director-at-large and honorary lifetime ski club member, 867-446-4521
- Sara Minogue, communications director, 867-446-1432.
In lieu of our annual used ski gear sale, we invite people to make use of our Yellowknife Ski Gear Sell/Swap Facebook page, or call any of the above ski ambassadors for advice on how to find skis.
In addition to access to our trails, our chalet and wax room and our social events, however those look this year, ski club members get a 10% discount on ski equipment and related accessories at Overlander. (Conversely, people who rent skis at Overlander are entitled to use our trails for free for the duration of the rental.)