- Saturday, November 20, 2021 – Snow Show
- Sunday, November 28, 2021 – “Chix on Stix” all ages Costume Ski
- Sunday, December 12, 2021 – Candy Cane Forest Ski – Free Ski
- Sunday, January 16, 2022 – World Snow Day – Free Ski
- Sunday, January 30, 2022 – All Ages Costume Ski
- Sunday, February 13, 2022 – NWT Ski Day – Free Ski
- Saturday April 2, 2022 – Polar Cup Biathlon
- Sunday, April 3, 2022 – Yellowknife Gold Loppet
- Saturday, April 16, 2022 – Nordic Cross
- Saturday & Sunday, April 9 & 10 – NWT Ski Races
- January 11 to April 11 – SKIGO BINGO #2
Nordic Cross Races, April 1
NWT Territorial Championships, April 9 & 10
Yellowknife Gold Loppet, April 3
NWT Ski Day, February 13
The Frostbite 50 is a 50 km continuous snowshoe or classic ski event on ungroomed trails near Yellowknife, NWT. Participate solo or as a team of up to five participants. There are four road-accessible checkpoints, and participants are welcome to have support along the way. This is an event, not a race, and there are no prizes for first place. We want winter lovers of all abilities to join us, and for everyone to have fun and finish safely.
Registration is now open on zone4.ca. A discount of 25% for YK Club Ski Club members (a separate email with discount code will be sent to members soon). Or if you are interested in volunteering for this event, please reach out to email@example.com.
All Ages Costume Ski, Jan 30, 2-4
This event is an all age costume ski. There will be door prizes, outdoor firepit, hot chocolate, snack and Aroma Brewealis Homebrew Club beer taste.
World Snow Day, Jan 16
Trail fees are waived all day! A big thanks to Overlander Sports for offering half price rentals for the day. And don’t forget to grab a piece of handcrafted fudge from Sundog to give you that extra boost enroute.
Candy Cane Forest Free Ski, Dec 12, 1-3
Ski into the magic of the candy cane forest on Sunday, December 12. Trail fees are waived for the whole day. From 1-3pm Ski with Santa and enjoy hot drinks and snacks in the chalet. Vaccination required for 12 & up to participate in events.
Snow Show, Nov 20, 10-12
Snow Show is scheduled for Saturday, Nov 20 from 10AM-12PM! Make sure to bring cash and wear your mask for this popular event.
The event will be held in the chalet and lots to look forward to:
- Information booths about programs: Jackrabbits, Track Attack, Biathlon, Ski Parents, ski events, coaching, volunteer opportunities, banting wall tent, grooming, Kidsport and Jumpstart funding;
- Ski Waxing: $25/pair (supports our high performance ski team)
- 50/50 draw; and
- Outdoors: SKi Swap, hot drinks and baked sale by the fire.
SKI SWAP – bring your ski gear to the club from 7-9PM on Friday, November 19. The ski club keeps 10% as a fundraiser and the rest goes in your pocket. Have your asking price in mind when you drop off your items.