Safety on our trails is of utmost importance as skiers and all other users enjoy the trails at their own risk.
Dress appropriately for the weather. Be aware of other skiers/trail users, snowmobiles (at crossings) and wildlife. If an emergency occurs on the trails, contact the Fire Department (see Trail Emergencies).
Ski Club members and day-users agree to abide by the following rules:
- Follow ski trail signs and ski in the right direction on the one-way trails.
- Do not obstruct the trail.
- Yield to faster skiers. Common etiquette is for faster skiers to call out “track” for slower skiers to move out of the track to permit the faster skier to pass.
- Snowshoeing is permitted, but stay off the set track.
- Do not bring dogs on the groomed trails. (Dogs are allowed in the summer if on leashes.)
- Do not walk on the ski trails.
- Do not litter.
- No snow machines or other motorized vehicles allowed (City By-Law.)
- No snowboarding.