The Snow Show will be held Nov. 4, Wax & Wine is Nov. 16 and the Jackrabbits family dance season kickoff is Nov. 24. All this and more now revealed on our 2017/2018 events calendar. Watch this space for more details as each event draws near.
Want the best ski trails grooming can provide? Help make them!
September is time for the annual fall trail-brushing blitz. Over the next month, all trails need to be cleared so that grooming can begin when the snow flies.
Two-person trail-brushing crews work half day shifts, and we can accommodate two shifts at a time. If you’ve done it before you know the drill; if not, orientation is provided.
Many hands make light work. If you have half a day to spare, please contact Chris Hotson by email at email@example.com or by text at 867-445-3396.
The Yellowknife Ski Club has been running on 100% volunteer power for over fifty years. We manage 14 kilometres of groomed trails, a biathlon range and our ski chalet near the intersection between Highway 3 and the Ingraham Trail.
Why become a member?
- Enjoy access to our trails, including a lit loop for night skiing;
- Take part in ski and biathlon programs, races and our annual loppet;
- Make use of our newly renovated chalet with lounge, kitchen and waxing room, open to membership 24/7;
- Visit our tent frame on Banting Lake – for a day or overnight;
- Enjoy social events throughout the season including potluck dinners, our annual ski sale, pancake breakfasts and chats around the fire pit;
- Get a 10% discount on ski equipment and related accessories at Overlander;
- Access training and certification for coaches, Jackrabbit leaders, race officials and groomers;
- And be part of our ski community in Yellowknife!
Sign up for the 2019/2020 ski season (including membership and programs) here on Zone4.ca.
Just Visiting? Not a Member?
Non-members are welcome to use our trails. The cost is $15 for one person or $40 for a family. Fees can be paid in the drop box by the trail entrance or by credit card here. Large trail maps are found on the display board at the club. Day users ski at their own risk.
We do not offer equipment rentals but Overlander Sports does. People who rent skis from Overlander are entitled to use our trails for free.
Need more information? Peruse this site or contact us.
You’ve had a fantastic and long season of skiing at the Club. It’s been our strongest membership year since founding in 1968. Now you wonder, how can I help to make the Club even better next year? The answer: DONATE! Continue reading